Pages

Thursday 21 March 2013

TMS, WTS... and confusion!



It seems I may have confused some of you with my post regarding WETHERING THE STORM and Barnes & Noble yesterday from the messages I’ve been receiving, so let me try again…

Because I signed a publishing deal with Montlake (Amazon) for THE MIGHTY STORM and WETHERING THE STORM those books will ONLY be available to buy through Amazon as of the 20th August 2013. Until that date, THE MIGHTY STORM will still be available to buy on all other sites, but it will be taken down on the 19th August and will then only be available on Amazon. This applies to ebook and paperback. WETHERING THE STORM is currently available for pre-order with Amazon.

As for my other books, THE BRINGER, FIRST BITTEN AND ORIGINAL SIN, they will remain as they are, available on ALL sites as they are self-published/indie publisher.

As for the THIRD STORM BOOK, Tom’s story (yet to be titled). I haven’t signed a deal for it at this time, BUT Montlake have requested to see it when finished, so if I do sign for Tom’s book with Montlake, the same will stand for that and it will only be available through Amazon. If not, it will be self-published and available through ALL sellers.

As for future books, i.e. TROUBLE ...as it stands at the moment, I’m self-publishing Trouble and it will be available through ALL sellers.

I hope I’ve managed to cover everything here. And sorry if I confused you yesterday!


9 comments:

  1. I am a Nook owner. So what you are saying is that I WILL NOT be able to buy the nook ebook for Weathering the Storm????
    I am in total shock right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately that is the case :( Barnes & Noble have a strict policy set that they do not sell Amazon published books on their site. So Amazon limit the sales of Amazon published books, in my case Montlake, to their own site.

      Delete
    2. I love you as an author!! But how does limiting B&N customers good for you? I can't get over this. WTS is my #1 most anticipated book this year. I have tears....really! This is totally devastating. I guess I just hope that you self publish other adult contemporary book you come out with. I have to go break the news to my Nook friends. They'll hate me for this...since I got them looking forward to this as much as I am. :(

      Delete
    3. Sorry, I should rephrase that - Amazon limit the sales the sale of their books to their site because they have to, as B&N will not sell Amazon published books.
      I appreciate your support, and I am so sorry that you won't be able to read WTS on your nook. One thing I could suggest is that you can download the kindle app onto any device - phones, iPads, pc's etc. so if you are able to do that then you can read WTS that way :) xx

      Delete
  2. That is unfortunate. I hate that the booksellers are so competitive. I prefer buying my ebooks in epub format so that I can add them to my tablet of my choice. I hate that Amazon has a format that is not friendly on all ereaders & tablets. I prefer using my nook tablet over my amazon paperwhite ereader. An author can miss out on quite a few sales because of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I have a NOOK, but downloaded the Kindle app on both my Mac and my iPhone; easy breezy. Great way not to miss ANY of the great books that come out. Thanks, Samantha, for keeping us entertained, and in the loop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize ahead of time for being snarky, but I do know that I can read on my phone or my tablet app but that is not my preferred method of reading hence buying my nook ereader even thought I have a smartphone and tablet with the kindle app. I was very much looking forward to having the ebook set in my Nook library. If I didn't love Jake and Tru so much....this is a deal breaker for me. I just called a handful of my nook friends and they are upset as well. This is the first time I've ever seen a book only available in one format.

      Delete
  4. Either use the kindle app or buy paperback on Amazon.And there are b&n books exclusive to Nook as well! Seriously. .. Bitch gripe moan. .. you are an idiot, it's ridiculous words are words In any format. If I was mrs. Towle I would be seriously insulted that all ur worried about Is the format and not thankFul for the books upcoming release. Besides it's b & n's fault why not go write a bunch of bitchy letters to them. unlike our fabulous author here, they can actually do something about it. miss Towle I think you're awesome keep up the good work. Can't wait for Blood Lies:)

    ReplyDelete